Now more than ever, it is important that children read at home. To support your child's learning at home you should:
- Read with your child everyday and help with looking after their book bag and reading book.
- Support children with homework and looking after their homework.
- Discuss behaviour expectations with your child and encourage them to behave at all times.
- Engage in activities which will help support the child’s learning in all the curriculum areas.
- Visit the local library regularly.
We are proud to be a part of the myHappymind Family!
As a whole school program grounded in science and dedicated to building positive mental wellbeing, myHappymind helps children understand how their brains work and creates a culture that helps to build children's resilience, confidence, and self-esteem. myHappymind also teaches
the children how to self-regulate and manage their emotions in stressful times, allowing them to be their very best selves!
Learn more here: https://myhappymind.org/
• Meet Your Brain: Understanding how your brain works and how to ensure we look after it so that we can manage our emotions and be at
our best. Growth mindset is a key part of this too.
• Celebrate: Understanding your unique character strengths and learning to celebrate them. This is a fantastic module for building selfesteem.
• Appreciate: Understanding why gratitude matters and how you can develop gratitude as a habit. Gratitude is key to well-being and
resilience and we're all about making it a habit!
• Relate: Understanding why positive relationships matter and how to build them. We're focussed on the building blocks of good relationships
• Engage: Understanding how to set meaningful goals that matter and how to keep resilient in times of challenge. This module is all about
building self-esteem and resilience too.