This page was last updated on Wednesday 13th January 2021.
Key Actions Taken since 4.01.2021:
· Sent out a questionnaire before notification of lockdown at 8pm for the following day so that we could ensure fairness and work to keep all staff & children safe within the boundaries of our RA
· Staff INSET to re train on Dojo and blended learning expectations
· Teachers create and upload daily , tailored to the class, to support he learning for the day
· Teachers respond every day to uploaded work by the children
· Teachers respond to parents/carers and pass on any messages to the Senior leadership team regarding social, emotional challenges that families are having
· Organise all staff with rotas and class timetables to ensure full cover and bubble safety for the duration of lockdown – whatever that may be
· Organise additional cleaning cover at lunch times
· Re-rota cleaning staff to be RA compliant
· Re-visited the RA previously submitted to the LA and shared this with all staff and unions
· Collected 10 vouchers to ensure that until the government have a process in place all families of FSM Pupil premium entitlement got Morrison’s voucher. This was ready for day 2 of lockdown
· All Key worker, children with a social worker or have an EHCP in place contacted on day 1 of lockdown personally by phone to offer places at school on proof of work place and rotas to ensure fairness and consistency as we are a small school and want to accept as many children as we can but school needs to remain RA compliant and safe for all.
· 85 2 weekly food boxes put together by the Kitchen staff for families when the voucher ran out. These all delivered by school staff to home addresses
· Families requiring additional IT devices asked to phone school. This information collated and responded to using the allocation of laptops provided from the last lock down.
· Technical support for families using school laptops and personal laptops but still unable to access the learning contacted by Tech support staff in school each afternoon to help.
· Welfare calls by Children's Welfare Officer, Head teacher and Deputy to check if school can offer support for families to access the learning at all.
· Hard copies of all work left in the office each morning for parents to collect if they prefer not to upload work on ClassDojo and just watch the teachers uploaded videos on an alternative device and complete the work in hard copy format
· Close a class bubble due to a member of staff testing positive for Covid – reorganise class bubbles to accommodate additional children
· Facebook, school webpage, email and text sent to continually update everyone with any new information form the LA, school or government- sharing support ie internet safety advice.
· Re-organise breakfast and after school clubs – in a more limited format but still accommodating key worker children availability around work rotas.
· Embrace and create a 'normal' school day for children in school by incorporating regular curriculum timetable
- Updated Government Guidance for COVID-19: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Government COVID Website for the latest guidance- https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
- Education and Child Care specific guidance- https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus/education-and-childcare
- What parents need to know about school in the Autumn- https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/what-parents-and-carers-need-to-know-about-early-years-providers-schools-and-colleges-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak