Apps and Games.
- LearnEnglishKids - Free British Council resources with reading comprehensions, word games and interactive stories. Great for KS1 and English-language learners. Available at: https://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/
- FunBrain - A variety of games for most subjects. Available at https://www.funbrain.com/
Reading treasure hunt - Do join us on this Reading Treasure Hunt. Invite your families to take part at home or over a video-call with family and friends. See https://bit.ly/RfPHome We’d love to see your own families’ treasure hordes too as your children will! #ReadingTreasure
Summer Reading Adventure - Gearing up to enjoy the summer? Do send home this map of fun reading conquests for children. See https://bit.ly/RfPHome It prompts children to become reading adventurers – they could complete and then share with you in September! #OUReadingAdventure
Circle of Reading - Ten top authors have made a fun Circle of Reading Video just for us! Find out their diverse reading choices and join the circle by using the hashtag #CircleofReading. Add a picture of your favourite reading that isn’t book- bound and maybe include yourself in the snap too?! Can you guess which authors will be in the video?
- OxfordOwl - Free eBook Library available at https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/.
- Global Storybooks - Free dual-language library available at https://globalstorybooks.net/
- MantraLinguaUK - Free dual-language books until the end of August. Fill out the online form to access here: https://uk.mantralingua.com/homereading
- Literacy Trust - Family area resources available at
Books for Topics - Fun Bingo game to play around books. Available at
- Books for Topics - Storytime online available at
- Books for Topics - Posters for branching out from other favourite texts available at
- LoveReading4Kids - Fun competitions and challenges available at https://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk/kids-zone/
Videos and Media.
- Staff Stories.
- Mrs Whitfield reads 'The Paperbag Prince' - https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCERochdale/videos/516731195932593
- Mrs Brown reads 'A Squash and a Squeeze' - https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCERochdale/videos/206243320650171/
- Mr Carey reads 'How to be a Lion' - https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCERochdale/videos/652919408826678
- Miss Thomas reads 'Lost and Found' - https://www.facebook.com/237926607145982/videos/436266843662663/
- Miss Robinson reads 'Tog the Dog' -https://www.facebook.com/237926607145982/videos/539861613222696/
- Miss Lamb reads 'Mr Wolf's Pancakes'-https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCERochdale/videos/538647376943502/
- Mrs Holahan reads 'There's a Rang-Tan in My Bedroom!' - https://www.facebook.com/StMarysCERochdale/videos/923583504762993/
- Kids' Poems and Stories with Michael Rosen- https://www.youtube.com/user/artificedesign
- The World of David Walliams - Free audio stories from David Walliams books. Check back daily for new stories. Available at https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/